Search This Blog

Monday, August 9, 2010

poorly written

it's just possible
my horrible penmanship
caused the recession.



My husband just spent forty-five minutes on the phone explaining to Jim at the West Coast Wells Fargo Call Center that the check they just cashed for two hundred and fifty dollars was in fact a check for two dollars and fifty cents. (Well, I lost my water bottle; it was hot, and all I had in my yoga bag was my checkbook.)


They figured it all out, but the Big Kahuna reports that at one point while they were looking at the online .pdf of the check, Jim said "Sir, I got my supervisor right here, and we both agree this is the most illegible instrument we've ever seen."

Kahuna just texted me the image. They were right. My handwriting sucks.

I'm not allowed to write any more checks.



2 comments:

  1. Oh dear! I don't think your handwriting is THAT poor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just impressed that you called a bank and got a real live human. And that they're checking things. If they'd given such scrutiny to their zillion dollar investments we might be in better shape!

    ReplyDelete