Search This Blog

Friday, December 24, 2010

Bad, Paul!

It is most unwise
to agree to sit a dog
with your husband's name.

It seemed like such an easy thing to do - add one more Golden Retriever to our menagerie for the holidays and give a couple of dear friends (who are expecting twins, no less!) the chance to travel home for one last Christmas without car seats and diaper bags. Except that this particular dog has the same name as my husband. And a penchant for inappropriate barking and grabbing food off the kitchen counter when he thinks we aren't looking. It's not really the occasional misbehavior that is the problem - I am a very good alpha pack member and know how to correct. It's just that when I do, my husband thinks I am correcting him. And this is not good for our marriage. With advance apologies to our friends, I am going to change their dog's name to "Steve." Just until the New Year. Because I really do love my husband ... Paul.

1 comment:

  1. To be fair, his callsign is "Dug" from the movie UP. He looks and acts just like that character.

    Tell "steve" we love him and to be better about not stealing food.

    Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete