Search This Blog

Friday, March 18, 2011

The Luckiest Woman in the Universe

anniversary
so, so much more than a date
a time to reflect.

It's been a long week. A big conference on Monday and bad news from the state regarding the budget for schools on Tuesday and a big paper that had to be done by Friday 9:00 am and the usual hate-speak from the crazies out there and crashing antiquated servers and ... did I mention half the family (including me) is sick? Nonetheless, the man I love more than anyone else on the planet made reservations at the restaurant where we had our first date and spent an hour telling me why he loves me, our family, and our life.

We were going to to take maximum advantage of the fact that our oldest (17 years) was on hand to babysit our youngest (6) and spend the night on the town, browsing bookstores and maybe even hitting some good local music. Instead, we drove up to the Riviera to look at the full moon and the city we love, and decided to come home early and hang with the kids. Right now the Big Kahuna is asleep in the twin bed where he fell asleep reading "Dragonslayer Academy 8," and I'm more in love than ever.

PS - to my PIL ... I never forget the package deal I got when you two entered my life as well. I love you. XO L

No comments:

Post a Comment